Tuesday, May 31, 2011

There's a Hole in my Shark Tank, dear Liza, dear Liza.

Lest you begin to believe that I'm always upbeat and perky, I confess that today has been hard. No I'm not ill.  My house wasn't damaged in a disaster.  My family is fine. In fact it's absolutely gorgeous outside... bright, sunny and warm.

But today I had an overabundance of "Joy Robbers" who preyed on my optimism -- because I let them.  I'd like to say I'm undaunted and untouchable ...and it's true that I'll probably rebound here pretty soon because I do have a super human power called SRS (super resiliency stretchiness)  HA!  So I read some great quotes while surfing for inspiration including this one:

"Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible in us be found." Pema Chodron



To boost my resiliency, I decided to acknowledge and celebrate three bad things that aren't happening.
1) I don't own a shark tank that I need to clean.
2) I don't currently have a leak in a shark tank
3) I don't need to solve math word problems about a shark tank in order to get dinner tonight. But here is a physics/math question for all of you just for fun!! 


WATER TANK A has a large pipe, and it  will take 8 hours to fill
WATER TANK B has a small pipe and it will take 12 hours to fill.  If these tanks had a large enough leak that would completely empty either tank in 24 hours, how long would it take to fill both tanks if you used both a small and large pipe to fill them? ANIMATED ANSWER

A prayer for today:
May we all  find a larger pipe to fill our emotional tanks more quickly (or get extra pipes!)
May we all find something useful to plug the leaks caused by "Joy Robbers"
May we effectively fix any "hole in our bucket" so that we can carry blessings to others
May we not freak out and accidentally spill whatever joy is currently in our tank
May we see with divine perspective and gratitude that we may be in an aquarium but we're not in a shark tank